If you now have reached the point in your business development that you have your ads running nicely, you will need to monitor traffic on your site. A few important factors to keep in mind are as follows:
* How long does a visitor stay on your site?
* What percentage of your visitors browse your site only?
* What conversions are you getting from each landing page?
* Unique visitors versus repeat visitors
A part of the cycle that is very important to understand is that you want your keywords to bring visitors to the specific landing page that highlights what they are looking for. Put yourself in their shoes. Imagine what you would be looking for if you typed a particular keyword in a search engine such as Google and give it to them. If they want to look around afterward, that’s wonderful, but our goal is to get them to what they want quickly. No one wants to have to look around to find what they want. If we see an ad, we want to get information pertaining to what was in the ad when we clicked on it.
A good suggestion is to monitor your keywords on a regular basis to ensure that the traffic being brought to your site is relevant. You may need to use some negative keywords to minimize (PPC) Pay Per Click advertising costs. For example if you have a keyword called ‘work at home’, you could get traffic from someone typing in ‘assembly work at home’. You can simply put ‘assembly’ in as a negative keyword and that would prevent them from being directed to your site and you being charged for the click. You can easily see the fine-tuning process that needs to continue on a regular basis. Your should regularly try to fine-tune the following areas:
* Keywords: adding and removing, and using negative keywords
* (PPC) Paid Per Click, monitor and keep bids to a minimum
* Conversion rate on campaign ads
* Move best converting programs to hot spots
* Ensure you have a way for people to subscribe to a newsletter so you can keep track of your visitors
There is always so much valuable information that is to be learned. We will learn new things daily when working with our websites. The more you learn, the more time spent working will decrease, money will increase and life can be enjoyed much more. Just remember it will take time and effort to build a successful online business and you will likely be richly rewarded.