- Although there are many success stories about businesses on the internet, unfortunately there are many more businesses that don’t make it. The ‘word’ is that this is only due to the fact that the majority quit without ever really giving it a chance.
- It does take good business skills and most of all common sense to succeed in business. Most critical however is motivation to succeed, determination and a willingness to work hard. These are not just words used like new year’s resolutions made at the height of excitement and forgotten the next day. It has to be real. So before you waste any time you might want to honestly ask yourself if you have these skills in particular.
- A little money to operate with never hurt and honestly it is harder to do anything with none but that is not to say it can’t be done if you are really serious. This is where you may have to work even harder and wait longer to see results but again, if that is the only option you can do it if you really want to. Your main focus would be in getting traffic to your website or getting your promotional materials in front of as many people as you can. Every business needs customers to sell products to. On the internet traffic is critical and may generate direct sales or at least lead capture.
- Just like a shopping mall, many people walk around ‘window shopping’ and don’t actually buy anything. That’s ok. They may come back later to do so, and at the very least they are learning more about the products that may make them feel more comfortable making a purchase in the future. If you have a mechanism to capture the lead, they might leave you their email address so you can follow-up with them.
- However, the point here is that you have to get as much traffic as you can on a regular basis – aggressively – because the greater of number that do come to browse, the greater number of people who will buy your products. It is a simple and known fact. It may be akin to ‘finding a needle in a haystack’ and the fact not everybody buys is exactly why you have to always maintain a very high volume of advertising and other methods to get a steady stream of interested or ‘targeted’ traffic.
- Many large and some small companies pay others to bring them traffic. They understand that sometimes you have to spend money to make money. Effective advertising is the key. While there are many ways particularly online that you can get advertising for free, they may not generate the same high volume or produce results at the same rate of speed as paid techniques.
- Again – don’t give up or feel discouraged if you can’t afford to pay for your traffic – it does not mean you can’t start a business online. In the spectrum of possibilities, there are free and paid strategies – and in the middle there are inexpensive things you can do if you have a little money. If you really want a business then you should be able to save a few dollars wherever you can to generate some money to use to develop your business. That is all part of the determination.
- Good Online Traffic Makes you Money
You must log in to post a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.